During the first half of the hour, Ann Dunnewold, M.A., Ph.D, the host of The Sanity Hour and a licensed psychologist in Dallas focused on women's coping issues will be featuring a live interview with Janis, who writes the blog MommyBlogExpert.blogspot.com, in addition to being the mom of triplets plus one more all born within a year. The second half-hour Dr. Dunnewold will be talking to a mom of twins, age 2-1/2.
Since Janis' triplets are almost 13 and big brother is 14 she will be sharing her advice on parenting multiples who are tweens -- the stage she has successfully just survived -- during the show. She'll also touch on some lessons learned so far on-the-job as a mother now raising four teens (two girls, two boys).
Whether you have twin or triplet tweens or teens, or "just" two or more singleton kids ranging in age from 8 to 15, parenting is likely to be particularly challenging right now. Don't miss this episode of The Sanity Hour where you'll be able to hear first-hand all the chat about some of the toughest tween and teen issues moms face today, as well as some ideas for solutions that can help solve them.
Just a bit of what will be covered:
- Learning how to not feel guilty enabling you to parent your kids through the tween & teen years with confidence
- Accepting kids for who they are, not who you want them to be, especially when it comes to high school and college applications
- Creating a balance in family life to encourage a peaceful home life for all
- Keeping the window of communication open with kids during the turbulent teens
- Motivating, rather than over-protecting, your sons and daughters to guide them in making their own responsible decisions about school, socially, and life choices
- Working hard and playing hard with your kids as they grow into young adults
If you miss the live interview show, you can also listen to the Podcast anytime after the broadcast 24/7 by going to the program's past show archives.
The show is hosted by Ann Dunnewold, M.A., Ph.D., a licensed psychologist focused on women's coping strategies in Dallas. Dr. Dunnewold is also the author of Even June Cleaver Would Forget the Juice Box: Cut Yourself Some Slack and Still Raise Great Kids In the Age of Extreme Parenting. The Sanity Hour show airs over the Internet weekly on Mondays from 8 - 9 pm EST, 7 - 8 pm CST, and 5 - 6 pm PST at TogiNetRadio. Ann is pictured at right.