Giveaway details below
Most Americans I think will agree that Hershey's Kisses is a classic candy. One that just about anyone who loves sweets, especially chocolate, has enjoyed for various holidays, special occasions and/or on a just-because basis at one time or another. So when the brand approached me to write a Halloween theme post about their specially-designed packages for this Fall, I eagerly accepted the assignment to share the latest on a product I was first introduced to during my Baby Boomer childhood.
|Here's me in the fabulous 1960s, Vintage family photo by Daddy|
I tasted a few of these pretty little chocolates last night and these are indeed as good as the Kisses I remember enjoying so much when I was a little girl.
|Hershey's Kisses wrapped in the colors of fall: Silver, Copper and Red|
But if you're looking for a really creative, fun and easy to make presentation of Hershey's Kisses this Halloween, consider making DIY firecracker style candy tubes like the ones I created especially for this post using recycled toilet paper or paper towel rolls and a few other craft supplies you probably have lying around your house.
How to Make
Recycled cardboard toilet paper or paper towel rolls
Fabric scraps or colored tissue in several patterns and colors
3/8-1/2" satin ribbon
Glue stick and scissors for assembly
Hershey's Kisses to fill tubes
1. Remove all paper residue from cardboard rolls. Note if using paper towel rolls cut them into two separate tubes before starting. Set aside.
2. With a sharp pair of scissors (adults only please) cut a 13" x 5-1/2" rectangle of a single layer of fabric if using paper towel roll or 11" x 5-1/2" if using toilet paper roll for each treat tube you want to make. Alternately, if using tissue paper instead of fabric, cut 3 layers of paper in the desired size using two contrasting colors.
3. Working with one paper tube at a time, take glue stick and lightly cover the outside of a paper roll. Then starting at the edge, roll tube and fabric (or tissue paper) together all the way around till covered. Seal the seam with the glue stick.
4. Cut 2 or 3 pieces of ribbon into 20" lengths for each side of the treat tube. Tie the first side of the tube into a bow with several pieces of ribbon.
5. Fill the tube from the open end with 24 Kisses for paper towel tube or 18 Kisses for toilet paper tube. Same as the first side, tie the other end of the treat tube into a bow. Your Halloween Treat Tube is now ready for you to give!
THREE (3) Big 11 oz Bags
Classic Milk Chocolate Hershey's Kisses!!!
Just leave a comment(s) below this post. Contest ends October 25, 2012 at 12 midnite PST and is open to legal residents of the U.S. only. One winner selected at random from all entries will win a prize package that includes three (3) 11 ounce bags of Classic Milk Chocolate Hershey's Kisses. Winner will be notified via email and must reply within 24 hours with shipping information to receive prize in time for Halloween.
Required (Mandatory) Entry
Earn extra entries to win for doing one or more of the easy options listed below. Just be sure to return to MommyBlogExpert (MBE) to leave an additional comment after each individual extra action you do to confirm so we can record all your additional chances to win.
1. Follow MBE on Twitter
Hershey's Kisses Fall Halloween Candy GIVEAWAY, Hurry Ends 10/25 #Halloween #candy #kids http://tinyurl.com/9pefvz5
Hershey's Kisses has a bountiful harvest of other ideas for fall crafts and recipes, like creating acorns from their candy. So be sure to visit CelebrateWithHersheys.com for more cooking and crafting inspiration for a range of holidays. Additionally, you won't want to miss stopping by the Pumpkin Day-specific Hershey's Boo Boulevard site for Halloween costume ideas, fun activities and stuff -- like screen savers, color pages and more -- plus all the details on Hershey's Halloween products.