It's Cinco de Mayo which for many means celebrating with a fiesta replete with margaritas and ethnic-inspired delicious appetizers, main courses and desserts.
|Mexican Hats at a Cancun shop, MommyBlogExpert.com|
Margarita Roasted Chicken
2-3 pounds of chicken legs and wings
3 T. fresh or bottled lime juice
2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. black pepper
1 t. salt
1-1/2 cups Margarita mixer brand of your choice
4 T. corn starch
2 T. honey
1 T. of your favorite Tequila (Optional)
|Margarita Roast Chicken Recipe Cinco de Mayo, MommyBlogExpert.com|
1. Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
2. Rinse and place chicken pieces in a single layer on 1-2 rimmed cookie sheets with space in between, allowing the meat to brown
3. Sprinkle chicken with the lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper
4. Slow roast meat in oven uncovered for approximately 75 minutes, or until golden brown and juices run clear
5. While chicken is baking, prepare the Margarita Sauce by adding the Margarita mixer to a pot and simmering on low until it reduces (evaporates some) and thickens, about 20 minutes.
6. Mix the corn starch and 1/4 c. water by placing in a jar with a lid and shaking until dissolved.
7. After Margarita Mixer is reduced remove from stove and pour in the corn starch/water mixture in a slow steady stream while stirring continuously. Return to stove and continue to mix till it just begins to bubble and thicken.
8. Add honey and the tequila and blend in.
9. Remove sauce from heat and cover to keep warm.
10. Place browned chicken pieces on individual dinner plates along with starch and vegetable of your choice or arrange chicken on a serving platter.
11. Either spoon sauce over meat or serve on the side.
Enjoy with an icy cold margarita for extra authenticity as you watch the sun set...
|Southern Arizona Saguaro Sunset, MommyBlogExpert.com|