Our National Parks are collectively America's greatest playground, classroom and art studio. So it couldn't be more fun, educational and creatively inspiring that there's something special going on to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of the National Park system. Camp Galileo, with more than 50 locations in Southern California, San Francisco Bay Area and Chicagoland, will be offering a National Park theme week as part of their innovative and educational offerings for the 2016 summer day camp session.
1. Visionary - Identify goals and decide on a theme to build upon
2. Collaborative - Brainstorm and generate ideas together
3. Determined - Talk about the importance of being visionary as they start their projects
4. Courageous - Encourage kids to be fearless as they go through the creative process
5. Reflective - Evaluate what worked and trouble shoot to redesign better next time
These 5 concepts using the GIA are demonstrated in the four very different crafts my own children created when we sat down to innovate inspired by many National Parks we've visited as a family.
A palm tree painting on canvas...
Save $40 + Get Early Bird Savings - Signup Before 2/29/16
Readers who register your kids for Camp Galileo before February 29th are eligible for both the $40 discount and the Early Bird Savings. After February 29th, the $40 discount will still be active. Guarantee your spot—and your biggest savings—by February 29th and you can change your camp date or location through May 2 for absolutely no fee.
Free DIY Downloadable ProjectsGalileo also offers FREE downloadable directions with a list of materials your child will need to make educational craft projects including LED Illuminated Cards, Bristle Bots, Sushi Design & Creation, a Rubberband Helicopter and a Spoon Catapult. All these stimulating activities are representative of the type of projects Galileo campers create.