This is a sponsored post
Win $1,000 + Cooking Lessons for 2
Throughout the year many cultural kids holidays are celebrated around the globe such as Japanese Boys Kite Day (May 5) and Israel Children's Day (November 20). The next big celebration dedicated to children will be marked in Mexico (and by Hispanic families in the U.S. and elsewhere worldwide) with Día del Niño on April 30th.
|Mexican Fried Pizza, MommyBlogExpert.com|
|Some key recipe ingredients, MommyBlogExpert.com|
Mexican Fried Pizza
This is a twist on classic tastes many of us love here in America, merging fried food, pizza and tostadas into a single delicious, crispy menu item. Why not spend some quality time in the kitchen with your child and make these together? Even younger kids will enjoy building their own Mexican Fried Pizza, choosing from the colorful and healthy toppings you set out for them. Any time of year, I think this would be fun for a kids slumber or birthday party activity, too.
|Spicy Hot Peppers & Salsa Verde, MommyBlogExpert.com|
Makes 8 Servings
- 8 Soft Corn Tortillas
- Corn oil for frying
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of colorful & healthy toppings: fresh basil, sliced avocado, sliced multi-color sweet mini peppers, defrosted frozen corn, hot peppers, etc.
- Guacamole, sour cream
- HERDEZ Salsa Casera Mild
- HERDEZ Salsa Verde
1. Add a small amount of corn oil to frying pan and heat till hot, but not smoking.
|Ready to Eat, MommyBlogExpert.com|
5. Serve with bowls of guacamole, sour cream and HERDEZ salsas and other sauces. Most important: enjoy!
HERDEZ offers a range of salsas and sauces for authentic Mexican and South American dishes as well as Mexican and American fusion food. To learn more about their products and many more delicious Mexican food recipes as well as How to Celebrate Día del Niño, ideas for cooking with your kids and more, visit the official website. For more fun and foodie inspiration, follow the brand on Facebook and look for the hashtag #DíadelNiño.
- Grand Prize - 2 parent & child cooking classes for 2 plus $1000
- 2nd Place - 1 parent & child class for 2 plus $300
- 3rd Place - Child cooking gift basket
- Weekly Honorable Mention Prizes: Child size Día del Niño apron
More Delicious Recipes...
|Image by Herdez|
FTC Disclosure: This is a sponsored Herdez post, however opinions here are completely my own. See complete FTC disclosure information that appears at the bottom of MommyBlogExpert's main page and at the bottom of every individual post on this blog, including this one.