Crayola, the originators of the crayon that has been enjoyed by generations of creative kids, has announced their annual children's art exhibition.
- Create a “Dream Statement” to accompany each piece
-50 words or less
-Consider integrating words or the entire statement into artwork
- Use a variety of 2-dimensional mediums including collage
-Encourage use of different mediums. Use creative techniques such as blowing paint,
crosshatching, stamping or tearing.
-See “Art techniques” on Crayola.com/educator for more ideas.
- Make pieces no larger than 16 x 20 inches
- Create individually expressive works
- Entry deadline is December 1, 2010
Parents & Teachers: Please post a favorite recollection of crayons from your own childhood in the comment section. I look forward to walking with you down memory lane!