With Earth Day kid ideas still fresh in my mind as well as last week's Easter and Passover family-friendly craft posts, it got me thinking about those that celebrated Easter today. What can you do with all those eggs, egg shells, and egg cartons now that the Easter Bunny has come and gone? Recycle them with arts and crafts, of course!
Most of the wonderful crafts (almost 20 different projects in all) featured in this post recycle real or pretend eggs (styrofoam, plastic, etc) and/or repurpose other materials you likely already have around the house. For example, for Nikki's Paper Punch Eggs (shown here), you can use up all those odd shaped scraps of scrapbooking papers you've been hoarding. You might even want to use some colorful junk mail, the Sunday comics, or other interesting paper you've got laying around the house to put your own crafty twist on these.
There are even some great ideas below that will give a second life to that stack of egg cartons that now sits atop the trash cash can!
- Paper Punched Eggs from Nikki, in Stitches (pictured above)
- Ukranian Easter Eggs with video how to from Princeton, NJ Patch
- Plastic Easter Egg Bunny Craft from MakeAndTakes
- Silhouette Stenciled Eggs from ShoppingMama
- Paper Egg Garland Made with Paint Chips from PrettyLittleNest
- 8 Really Unique Egg Crafts from HowDoesShe
- Pom Pom Plastic Egg Chick Craft from AmazingMoms
- Glitter Eggs DIY Tutorial by Bella Grey Designs
- How to Reuse Egg Shells in Crafts from EHow
- Tulips from Egg Shells or Egg Cartons from EnchantedLearning
- Egg Shell Mini Plant Pots from EnchantedLearning
- Decoupage Easter Eggs from KraftyKid
FTC Disclosure: I did not receive any payment or other compensation associated with this post. See complete FTC Disclosure information that appears at the bottom of MommyBlogExpert's main page and at the bottom of every individual post on this blog, including this one.