- It's hard cover which means it can withstand many, many readings of the story.
- The juvenile title is a real family affair with its husband-wife writer-illustrator daddy-mommy team work.
- The watercolor & pen illustrations are unique, colorful, and plentiful, making this a good one to keep very young kids engaged as you read to them.
- Text is simple enough that older children who have a bit of intellectual ability can take their turn reading to mom, dad, or even the entire family.
- The story is based on a real incident involving animals, a subject that is most kid-friendly.
- It illustrates sensitivity toward disabilities and character who are different from their peers. At the same time the tale is very upbeat, about rising above and beyond challenges. Both things children are never too young to learn about in a story format such as this.
Leave a comment below this post if you have questions for the author to answer or read on to find out how to win a copy of this book.
HOW TO ENTER
FTC Disclosure: MommyBlogExpert received the book reviewed in this post. The sponsor will be shipping the book for the giveaway prize directly to the winner, so I am not responsible for its delivery. I did not receive any payment or other compensation associated with this post. See complete FTC Disclosure information that appears at the bottom of MommyBlogExpert's main page and at the bottom of every individual post on this blog, including this one.