Entry Details Below - Contest Ends 10/5/11
Scrabble Turbo Slam by Hasbro is a cool new game for 2-4 players ages 8 and up. This battery powered electronic version is a take off on the half-decade plus old low-tech Scrabble classic that was first trademarked in 1948 by American architect Alfred Mosher Butts, a very clever bespeckled guy born in 1899. The newest Scrabble version takes the word building game to a new level in 2011.
This game is really as fun as it looks for the whole family to play together. Young and old will definitely enjoy this throughout the year. But, this might be just the thing that gets tweens and teens excited about participating in Family Game Night 's get-togethers in homes across America on September 28, too. To help you get ready for the big night, parents will be pleased to know Hasbro is making this annual event even sweeter by offering $80 in coupon savings right now on any of their popular games.
My family -- including triplets, age 14, and big brother 15 -- tried this out for the first time this week. There are so many good things about this, here are just a few that we liked best about Scrabble Turbo Slam:
- Installation of 3 AAA batteries (not included) and set up for game play takes just about a minute. Just don't forget to have a phillips screwdriver on hand to put them in.
- You can throw away the paper box that this comes in at the store because there's a little drawer built right into the electronic gadget to stow all the playing cards
- Even the directions that fit right in the hard built-in plastic box with the cards are quick and easy to read, so you can be playing this 5 minutes after you open the box
- My kids love the game because it really is fun and fast-paced with all kinds of music and sound effects that are so energizing
- As a mom, I like this game because it's educational and it gets us together for quality family time
Scrabble Turbo Slam from Hasbro Games, $14.99, is available for purchase starting Fall 2011 online and at mass merchandise retailers nationwide.