Ski jackets, clothing and accessory options this season for men, women and children are among the most refreshing ever. That's especially true for those of us in the 40-50 age range who learned to ski in the 1970s or 80s having survived a variety of ski fashion fads from funky croakies to those super brilliant fluorescent fabrics that were once all the rage. Luckily for every age group there is so much more to be excited about this year.
Ski Apparel Trends for 2011-2012
- Sophisticated casual styling with simpler, cleaner lines
- Sporty practical, functional design for wear on and off the slopes
- Designs that are as beautiful as they are comfortable
- Bright bursts of primary colors with lots of color blocking
- Contrasting zippers and trim
- Shell jackets working in concert with layered looks
- Longer, lighter weight jackets
- Ample pockets for small gear
- Larger detachable hoods to accommodate helmets
- Advanced fiber technology for warmth & staying dry
Coming up tomorrow, an exclusive MBE review on Columbia Sportswear ski jackets for Women that exemplifies all these and other qualities.
FTC Disclosure: No payment or other compensation was received in association with this post. See complete FTC Disclosure information that appears at the bottom of MommyBlogExpert's main page and at the bottom of every individual post on this blog, including this one.