I love to bake to a fault. I mean I really make a lot of homemade breads, cakes, tortes, pies, cookies and even heart-shaped hot pretzels and elaborate one-of-a-kind Gingerbread Houses. In fact, as I write this post, I've also got yeast dough rising for some braided loaves of egg challah bread I'm making for tonight's traditional Jewish Sabbath family dinner.
|A recent batch of pink Heart-Shaped Hot Pretzels I made|
No one loves a challenge more than I do when it comes to making it easier, faster and mostly more pleasant to get my kitchen duties out of the way before I go to sleep at night. Hating something can really be a great motivation to just deal with it rather than procrastinating, I've found. After trying this dish soap for the first time using a timer that I set for five minutes, Dawn Power Clean really did the job in five minutes that soaking previously would have taken 8-10 hours.
A caveat: This new product didn't magically soak off the actual crumbs sticking to my pan by itself. Just like with an overnight soak it still required a sponge to gently wipe out the soiled glass loaf pan but the residue did come off easily and quickly.
Here's the Before and After Photos of that delinquent Pyrex Loaf Dish
|Before Dawn Power Clean|
|After Dawn Power Clean|
MBE's Best Practices for Running a Tidy, Efficient Kitchen
- Minimize counter clutter by putting away as much as possible since the less you have out, the less that can gather dust or get dirty
- Get everything needed for a recipe out before you do food preparation because it will prevent messy hand prints and such on your cabinets and refrigerator if you have to grab something forgotten with floured, greasy, or wet hands
- Clean as you go when baking and cooking, wiping up spills and putting all supplies back in their proper places rather than piling them on the counter and in the sink
- Make sure everything in your kitchen sink is washed and put away before bedtime because we all hate that party's over feeling when we wake up the next day
- Teach your kids as soon as they are old enough to help themselves to food that they should automatically and immediately pick up after themselves
|Dawn Power Clean Review Pack MBE Received|