These easy-to-make DIY Spooky Tofu Cake Pops created by House Foods America would be fun as a healthy food option at a kids Halloween party.
|Image by House Foods America|
Makes approximately 24 Cake Pops
- 12 oz Vanilla candy coating wafers
- 12oz Vanilla candy coating wafers in black
- 12 oz Vanilla candy coating wafers in orange
- 3 Squeeze bottles
- 24 Pop sticks
- Parchment paper
- Styrofoam sheet
- Tofu Pumpkin Spiced Bread (recipe below)
1. Bake Tofu Pumpkin Spiced Bread, following the recipe below. Remove bread from pan, cut off dry ends and discard. Let bread cool for about 2 hours and crumble in food processor.
2. Combine crumbs with your hands and form balls for pumpkins and mummies, bells for ghost and rectangles for tombstones. Make sure to place figures on a pan or sheet lined with parchment paper.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or freeze for 15 minutes.
3. Melt about 3 oz. of candy coating of your choice in a deep, narrow and dry bowl; follow manufacturer’s instructions. Once melted, insert about ½ inch of the stick into the melted coating, remove and insert stick into cake figures. Complete one color at a time, so that candy will not harden too quickly. Chill pops until base has hardened.
4. Once base has hardened, melt the rest of the candy coating in its corresponding bowl; once again do one color at a time. Take a pop and dip the cake into the coating, rotate pop as quickly as possible, with a small spoon cover any missing area. Once coating is even, insert pop into Styrofoam and let stand until coating hardens. Repeat for remaining pops.
5. Once coating on pops has hardened add melted candy coating into a squeeze bottle. With the squeeze bottle you can design jack-o-lanterns, ghost and tombstones or drizzle alternating colors.
Tofu Pumpkin Spiced Bread Recipe
- ½ pkg House Foods Premium or Organic Tofu Soft drained
- ½ can pumpkin
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice
- Dash ginger
1. In a blender, combine pumpkin and tofu.
2. Puree until smooth and transfer to large bowl.
3. Add sugar, vegetable oil, water and vanilla to tofu mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, ginger and pumpkin spice.
5. Combine dry and wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly and pour into loaf pan.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
Other posts you'll like
Free Food at Stores and Restaurants on Halloween
10 Free Fun Halloween Mobile Apps for Windows
Free Halloween Party Printables
Halloween Contests to Enter
100 FREE Halloween Pumpkin Carving Templates Patterns