|You or your child wouldn't want to take a bath with mold or mildew would you?|
Then take a peek at Sonny Mold & Frankie Mildew and their little shtick -- they're quite the characters in the hilarious short video below.
I thought so. Yes, it's really too bad real-life mold and mildew aren't as funny or cute as these two costumed comedians want us to think. Just scroll down to see some photos of an actual bathroom if you still need more convincing.
|Mold & Mildew on the Ceiling and Bath Walls|
|Mold in the Bath Tub|
- Make sure to replace vinyl, plastic and rubber shower curtains at least once a year, both the inside liner and the outer curtain
- Alternately, consider hanging machine washable shower curtain and running it through the laundry as recommended on the care label
- For a bathroom with window(s) with or without a window sill(s) consider removing fabric curtains or plastic blinds and instead frosting the window glass for privacy
carpeting doesn't belong in your bathroom, so if you have some like we
did think about replacing it with a waterproof vinyl floor like we did
- When painting in a bathroom use only paints that are designated for walls and ceilings in rooms prone to a lot of dampness and moisture
- Replace cracked and damage tiles and faulty caulking as soon as you notice, since both are magnets for mold and mildew
- If you are remodeling a bathroom get rid of the shower curtain altogether by replacing it with a tub that has a sliding glass door
- Also if you are doing a makeover, consider tiling/marble/granite or other water proof surfaces all the way up the wall in the bathtub and shower and using similar materials for adequate back splashes on counter tops
FTC Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Tilex blogging program for 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. For more information on how you can participate, click here. I did not receive any other compensation associated with this post. See complete FTC Disclosure information that appears at the bottom of MommyBlogExpert's main page and at the bottom of every individual post on this blog, including this one.