It seems like only yesterday I created those scrumptious DIY Candy Bar Candy Apples for Halloween and other Fall holidays for this blog. For sure there's nothing like seasonal celebrations for inspiring me to get creative with the food I make to serve at parties and to give for gifts to teachers, family, friends and other special people in my life.
|Mommy Blog Expert's Butterfinger Blondies|
|Butterfingers from Nestle are what make this recipe a real stand out|
Have fun making this, eating it or giving as a gift.
Makes 24 delicious bar cookies
2 cups flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 T. vanilla exutract
1 cup confectioner's sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup milk or soy milk
8 miniature Butterfinger candies or 2 regular bars
|The batter will look something like this when you spread it in the pan|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lightly grease a 13x9 baking pan
3. Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl and set aside
4. Cream together margarine, shortening, peanut butter eggs & vanilla in a smaller bowl
5. Add creamed mixer to dry ingredients and mix until well incorporated
6. Spoon mixer in pan, using a spatula to level surface
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, watching it carefully last 5 minutes so it doesn't dry out
8. Cool completely before spreading frosting (see recipe below)
9. Coarsely chop Butterfingers and distribute evenly on top like you would sprinkles
10. Store at room temperature covered with plastic wrap until you're ready to Enjoy!
1. Beat all ingredients briskly, except for milk/soy milk
2. Slowly pour in the liquid and beat some more till frosting is creamy
3. Spread frosting over Butterfinger Blondies that have completely cooled and finish with steps 9 & 10 above
To make this really Christmasy you might add Wonka Sweetarts Merry Mix or Wonka Frosty Nerds and then jazz it up further with red and green decorating sugar crystals.
The extensive line of Nestle brand candy and chocolates for the holidays and Christmas 2012 includes some of their classic sweets in special packaging as well as some new ones. Many of these seasonal offerings are pictured below.