The Journal of Pediatrics reports that dairy and calcium intakes are inadequate in most four to 18 year-old boys and girls. That's a serious problem that parents must address if we want our kids to grow and develop properly.
For sure, getting kids to drink milk isn't always easy. By trying these five ideas, though, your chances of having your children drinking a healthy amount of milk every day increases exponentially.
|Milk served in a fun glass & mug, MommyBlogExpert.com|
- Fill the refrigerator and pantry with flavored and white milk in single serving cartons for healthy snacks on the go
- Pop frozen individual serving shelf safe milk cartons into children's lunch boxes, instead of a juice box
- Offer flavored milk as a special treat, it has the same nutrients and only a small amount of added sugar
- Get creative with white milk by using a drop of food coloring, adding your child's favorite color
- Model for your child, if they see you enjoying milk they will be more likely to want to join you in drinking it
Twitter Party at Noon ET with @themotherhood @Milkunleashed. Prizes include Milk Unleashed Prize Packs. To RSVP, visit the Master Twitter Party Calendar for full details.