by Jarrett Arthur
Family Safety Self-Defense Training Expert
Spring Break Travel Safety Important to Families
Spring break trips aren’t reserved solely for party-crazed college students. Every year scores of families take the opportunity to rally the troops and seek sun, sand, and surf during the week or two that the kids have off from school around Easter and Passover time.
|MommyBlogExpert & Kids, Vintage photo from MommyBlogExpert.com|
Your idea of a good time might not be donning a barely there bikini and chugging from an alcohol-filled coconut through a twisty straw. Still, that doesn’t mean your family vacation isn’t prone to experiences more likely to turn into nightmares than positive memories. Family safety during spring break is most definitely an important consideration as you plan your family vacation getaway with your children.
|Meet Jarrett Arthur, Image provided by JarrettArthur.com|
6 Simple Strategies to Help Safeguard Your Family Trip
* Take advantage of hotel room safes to keep belongings, money, and IDs
* Leave expensive and flashy jewelry, unnecessary electronics and valuables at home
* Carry cash or traveler checks and IDs in flat pouch worn inside clothing, never in back pockets, and avoid purses and backpacks if possible.
* Make 2 copies of itinerary, passport, medical prescriptions and tickets, giving one set to a trusted person who will be not be traveling with your family and keep the other set with you, separate from originals
* If traveling abroad research the number and location of the closest local hospital and the U.S. Consulate, and know the local emergency number code (i.e. 9-1-1)
*Be discreet when using expensive cameras, always being sure to keep the strap tight and on the front of your body, not swinging behind you
Above all else, the tried and true safety trifecta of be aware of your surroundings, use common sense, and trust your gut instinct should be in full effect as you enjoy some well-earned time off with your family.
|Image provided by JarrettArthur.com|
About Jarrett Arthur
Jarrett Arthur is passionate about helping others transform through self-defense training and education, with a particular focus on families, women, mothers and children. She is one of the highest ranking female Krav Maga black belts in the U.S. and has taught self-defense to hundreds of kids and adults over the past ten years. In addition to leading in-person classes, she has produced a DVD called Don't Mess With M.A.M.A., based on her Mothers Against Malicious Acts self-defense program. Jarrett has been a featured expert on national and local TV show including Ellen, Access Hollywood and Good Day LA, as well as in publications like Fitness Magazine and The New York Times.
FTC Disclosure: Jarrett Arthur provided the content for this post; she also supplied the photos, excepted where indicated otherwise. However, no payment or other compensation was exchanged in connection with this post. See complete FTC Disclosure information that appears at the bottom of MommyBlogExpert's home page and at the bottom of every individual post on this blog, including this one.