2nd in a multi-part series
Technology has permeated every aspect of our lives. This is especially true when it comes to second screen experiences within the entertainment and sports arenas that make it possible to enjoy mega media events such as the Super Bowl in new ways with the latest advanced smartphones such as the Sony Xperia Z3v. This year has barely started, yet it is already apparent that mobile devices will play a bigger role than ever before in the way we consume entertainment. In fact, new data just unveiled by SOASTA, a leader in digital performance analytics, indicates that nearly two out of three (63 percent) of smartphone and tablet users who plan on watching the Super Bowl this Sunday say online and mobile activities will be critical to their experience watching the big game.
Among other interesting findings of the SOASTA Second Screen Study
- Vast majority of millennial men (84%) and women (56%) expect to use apps to multi-task on their smartphones and tablets while watching the game
- One-third (32%) of smartphone/tablet owners say they will use social media apps like Facebook and Twitter
- 20% will use sports apps like ESPN and Sports Illustrated
- 19% will use apps to games such as Candy Crush Saga and Trivia Crack
- 18% will use video apps like YouTube and Vine
- 17% will check the weather apps
- 9% will rely on food delivery apps
- 8 % will be recording the game
|Sony Xperia Z3v smartphone, MommyBlogExpert.com|
The sleek and beautiful Sony Xperia Z3v is not only light and thin, it is also waterproof and features a tempered glass 5.2" Full HD TRILUMINOS display. Available from Verizon Wireless with a 2-year contract for $199, $24.99 with Verizon EDGE or $599.99 full price.
|Image provided by Verizon Wireless|