by Jewel, Mom of 3 at What About Mommys
All images by MommyBlogExpert
So salads... it's either you love them or you don't! Most times people lean toward the second choice. But guess what? Salad can truly not only be healthy, but also a yummy experience. Salads are excellent for proper digestion, fiber, and to aid in lowering bad cholesterol levels as well. And mommies, it's also one of the simplest and quickest ways to get your daily servings of fruits and veggies too.
|Avocados, Nuts, Cranberries elevate salad, MommyBlogExpert.com|
Without further adieu, here are some super easy ways for you to get creative with your salads to add some color, texture, and plain old pizzazz.
|Bell Peppers add color, health to salads, MommyBlogExpert.com|
1. Sprinkle some cheese. Parmesan or goat cheese are our faves, but you could always select one that you like best. Cheese just gives your salad a delicious kick!
2. Add some fruit! Whether you do fresh fruit, or dried ones. Strawberries, blueberries, citrus, and apples are some excellent choices. Fruit helps to give your salads a sweet and delicious touch. It's like a savory treat!
3. Toss in some crackers or pita chips! Healthy crackers or pita chips give you that little extra crunchy bite, that your salad might be lacking.
4. Drizzle some grape seed oil & sprinkle some sea salt. This combo will truly take your salads to another yummy level! And it's great for any kind of salad as well.
5. Nutty it and seed it up! Almonds, pecans, walnuts, pine nuts or sunflower seeds are all great additions to your bowl of goodness. Add them for some delicious and nutritious fun!
|Fresh Herbs add a delish salad twist, MommyBlogExpert.com|
About the Author
Forida-based What About Mommys gives moms encouragement as well as advice on healthy living, fashion, travel and having fun. Learn more by visiting WhatAboutMommys.com and by following this blog on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
FTC Disclosure: What About Mommys provided the written content for this story. No payment or other compensation was exchanged in connection with this post. See complete FTC Disclosure information that appears at the bottom of MommyBlogExpert's home page and at the bottom of every individual post on this blog, including this one.